In the middle of Frankfurt/Main, just a few meters from the main train station, a new building complex with planned residential, office, hotel and catering facilities is being built on a total area of approximately 130.000 m2. For this, the buildings of the former postal distribution center have to be demolished on a 33.000 m2 site north of the station siding. The demolition takes place up to the upper edge of the consisting slab upon receipt of the basement outer walls.
The buildings of Commerzbank AG located north and east of the construction site must continue to be used without disruption during the demolition work. This not only applies to the offices, but also to two data centers with vibration-sensitive IT systems and printing machines.
- preliminary investigations on the forecast of the expected impact of vibrations on the neighboring structures (i.a. with a trial construction machine application)
- research on the sensitivity to vibration of neighboring buildings and their facilities
- measuring concept for the on-site monitoring of the vibration entry into the neighboring buildings with regard to:
- dangers to the building structure
- impairment of people in the buildings
- malfunctions of server and IT systems
- specification of vibration limit values on the basis of valid standards, provisions and system specifications, regulation of thresholds for automatic warning messages
- construction and operation of five measuring systems with a total of 40 measuring channels for the uninterrupted measurement of vibration velocities and accelerations with automated pre-evaluation and warning signal output at threshold value overruns
- short-term consultation of the client in case of critical vibration loads
- documentation and evaluation of the measurement results in weekly measurement reports for the preservation of evidence