The residential and commercial building in Hamburg´s Hafencity was built as a reinforced concrete structure with two lower floors and eight upper floors on a bored piled foundation. Under the construction site there is a subway tunnel (Line U4). The high demands on living comfort permitted only low vibration and secondary airborne noise immissions.
- creation of a three-dimensional numerical model of the building, taking into account the subsoil
- input of measured subsoil vibrations from subway traffic and calculations of forecast values for vibrations and secondary airborne noise levels in the planned building
- design of a vibration isolation with steel spring elements in a circumferential parting line between the ground floor and the first floor, numerical verification of the insulation effect
- structural supervision of the installation of the spring elements
- engineering supervision during the detailed planning of the vibration isolation
- measurements to check the vibration immissions after completion of the shell